Monday 11 June 2007

And we're off.

So the thing is to just start writing.
There is a certain expression I have been seeing a lot lately. It is a curious blend of blank amazement, dumb incomprehension and cloying pity which makes me feel very small indeed. It is the expression aimed my way when someone finds out I don't have a blog.
Well, bullseye.
I have joined the cult and present my newborn novice self, shakily mixing my first metaphor and hoping for indulgence.
I comfort myself with the thought that no-one will see these first Fisher-Price posts, so will not spend too much time preening and polishing.
I suppose the next step is to have something to say.
Oh well. At the very least I can now say this: C'est parti!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, you did open it up. And welcome to the cult. I only have my crappy work-related one but at least I'm no virgin.

paperknife said...

No virgin? Stop shocking me. And for a crappy work-related blog, yous has kept me very entertained.