Tuesday 3 July 2007

Bom Chicka Wah Wah


I'm seeing this everywhere lately. And I'm afraid I love it! Such a sassy expression; just saying it makes you feel all Foxxy Cleopatra. Go on. Try it.


Bom Chicka Wah Wah.


Damn girl you fierce - Shazzam!


It is a superbly useful phrase, and has even been picked up by French trash mags such as Public (above). Now that's an adjective with attitude. (And, much as I'd love to be called the most BCWW personality of the week, you can't help but think that Lorie wasn't too impressed with the photo.)
Of course it's all the result of an infectious advertising campaign for men's deodorant. Here's one of my favourite ads. And here's another, in French. Inappropriate? Certainly. Hilariously.
This is obviously a fairly sophisticated campaign - they've even created (or "sponsored") an entire pop act. It's not the most subtle or progressive of approaches, but heavens above it makes me laugh. Even if I am about as far removed from the target audience as is humanly possible, without actually being Germaine Greer.

So even though I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that sort of deodorant body spray (because to my nose it all smells a bit like shower curtain mould), I am grateful to that doubtlessly underpaid creative ad-type who decided to sass up our world.

No comments: